HOLD AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN NURSING?
TRANSFER IN 63 CREDITS AND GET YOUR BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN 1 YEAR
• 180 credits (total)
• 72 credits (Awarded for U.S. Registered Nurse License)
• 63 credits (transferred in from an Associate’s degree)
• 45 Credits (completed at Stratford University)
Applicants who hold an active United States RN license and wish to receive a bachelor’s degree in nursing may apply for the (RN) Registered Nurse to (BSN) Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Admission to this program requires:
• Proof of an unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in the United States.
• RN students must possess a current, active RN license by examination or endorsement.
• An associate degree or diploma from a school of nursing.
• Submission of all official transcripts from colleges and nursing programs attended.
• Proof of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on previous college transcripts.
• Students who do not meet the overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 may be considered for admission with evidence of
a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the most recent college year attended with a minimum of 12 credits.
• Two letters of reference from an academic or professional source.
• A personal statement regarding the reasons and motivations for wanting to pursue a baccalaureate degree.
• A criminal background check at student’s expense.
BSN COMPLETION PROGRAM COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTERED NURSES
The Stratford University RN to BSN Pathway can be completed fully online or in a classroom setting at the Alexandria or Woodbridge campuses. To graduate with a BSN, post-licensure students must complete a minimum of 45 quarter-hour credits at Stratford University. In the Stratford University quarter-hour credit system, 3 semester credit –hour credits from a 15/16-week semester-based college program will transfer into Stratford as 4.5 quarter-hour credits.
REQUIRED BSN COMPLETION PROGRAM NURSING COURSES
MEDICAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS *
REQUIRED ELECTIVE POOL COURSES *
5 COURSES FROM EITHER ELECTIVE POOL 1 OR ELECTIVE POOL 2
ARTS AND SCIENCES COURSES REQUIREMENTS *
*No more than 63 total credits may be transferred in from another college or university
In the Stratford University credit system, 3 credits from a 16-week semester-based college program will transfer into Stratford as 4.5 credits.