Coleman University is approved for the training of veterans, reservists, and other eligible persons under Titles 10 and 38 of the US Code, including:


  • Chapter 30 (Active Duty)
  • Chapter 31 (Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities)
  • Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 Educational Assistance, Yellow Ribbon)
  • Chapter 35 (Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance)
  • Chapter 1606 (Selected Reserve Educational Assistance)
  • Chapter 1607 (Reserve Educational Assistance)


Since Coleman University is a Yellow Ribbon school, all tuition will be covered under the Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 Educational Assistance) program for those with a 100% entitlement. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program. While the Yellow Ribbon program is best for most Veterans, other programs may be better for you.



The Military Student Office can help you decide which program is right for you. A useful benefits calculator for Post-9/11 benefits is available at We can help you use this calculator to estimate your eligibility. You must remember that your official entitlement must be calculated by the Veterans Administration and that these tools are only estimates.



Most students are eligible for either the Montgomery GI Bill® or Post-9/11 GI Bill or both. If you have exhausted your Montgomery GI Bill benefits, you can get an additional 12 months under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Or you can simply start on your Post-9/11 benefit.


If you have never used the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), but have used other benefits, such as REAP (Chapter 1607) or Select Reserve GI Bill (Chapter 1606), you may be entitled to receive a total of 48 months on educational benefits. No more than 36 months can be in any one program. Your benefits are maximized if the 36 months is in the Post-9/11 GI Bill.


Near the end of your 36-month benefit period, you may be able to apply for an additional 12-month period, if you are still not finished with school. If you attend school with a less than a full-time schedule, the length of your benefit will be extended proportionately. We can help you decide what is best for you.



Don’t forget that you may be able to transfer benefit to your children or spouse. You must have served at least six years and have agreed to serve for a least four more years in order to transfer your benefits.


You must first complete the Veterans On-line Application (VONAPP). After you have supplied VA with all of the supporting documentation, they will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility. It normally takes six weeks to receive this Certificate, assuming all of your documentation is in order.


Coleman will let you begin you classes before you have received your Certificate of Eligibility, assuming that you have submitted all required documentation and are waiting for a VA response. Once Coleman has reviewed your Certificate of Eligibility, we will calculate any additional payments which are due.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).